Overview: Provides federal funds for community based “non-traditional” surface transportation projects designed to strengthen the cultural, aesthetic, and environmental aspects of the nation’s intermodal system. TA Set-Aside projects must relate to surface transportation.
Funding Available: $9.75 million
Deadline: November 24, 2020, at 11:59 PM ET
Match Requirement: None
Typical Grant Amount: It is recommended that projects have a requested funding amount between $150,000 and $1 million. Funds are provided on a reimbursement basis.
Eligible Applicants: Local Governments, School districts or schools, Regional Transportation Authorities, Transit Agencies, Natural resource or public land agencies, Tribal Governments, Nonprofits (with construction expertise), any other local or regional governmental entity with responsibility for oversight of transportation (other than an MPO or State Agency)
- Design and construction of on-road and off-road trail facilities for pedestrians, bicyclists, and other non-motorized forms of transportation.
- Conversion and use of abandoned railroad corridors for trails for pedestrians, bicyclists, and other non-motorized transportation users.
- Construction of scenic turnouts, overlooks, and viewing areas
- Historic preservation and rehabilitation of historic transportation facilities both land and water such as building structures and canals
- Community improvement activities, specifically streetscaping and corridor landscaping
- Environmental mitigation to address stormwater management, control, and water pollution prevention or abatement related to highway construction or due to highway runoff
- Reduce vehicle-caused wildlife mortality or to restore and maintain connectivity among terrestrial or aquatic habitats.
Additional consideration will be given to applications that provide additional benefits to vulnerable members of our communities, including low-income residents, minorities, those with limited English proficiency, persons with disabilities, children and older adults.
- Right-of-way acquisition
- Administrative costs
- Miscellaneous “contingencies”
- Utility facility relocation costs
- Uniformed traffic directors unless required by design